The Post 9/11 GI Bill is the only VA Educational Benefit that is Transferable

The transferability option under the Post-9/11 GI Bill allows Servicemembers to transfer all or some unused benefits to their spouse or dependent children. The request to transfer unused GI Bill benefits to eligible dependents must be completed while serving as an active member of the Armed Forces.  The Department of Defense (DoD) determines whether or not you can transfer benefits to your family. Once the DoD approves benefits for transfer, the new beneficiaries apply for them at VA. To find out more, visit DoD's website to transfer your benefits.

To transfer your benefits from another institution to Oregon State University it is a two step process. 

Step One

Go to VA.GOV and complete a Change of Place of Training form, this does exactly what it sounds like, it tells big VA you are moving your benefit. 

Step Two

You will also need to provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to our Veteran Certifying Officials. If you are using Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits, a current copy of your certificate can be accessed at